ST. PAUL CHURCH AND RECTORY - SHARPSBURG|
In 1856 a parish was formed on the southwest side of St. Henry and dedicated St. Wendelin. As population increased, in about ten years, the church at St. Wendelin was becoming too small. The members from Sharpsburg felt that four miles was too far to walk and so decided to build their own church. The first church was built and dedicated to St. Paul in the summer of 1868.
On August 16, 1886 the church was struck by lightning and completely destroyed. A new brick church was built, designed by DeCurtains, and dedicated in March, 1889. In 1916 stained glass windows depicting the life of St. Paul were installed. A new altar, facing the people, was installed in 1970.
The parish currently has about 200 families. St. Paul's share a pastor with St. Wendelin and St. Bernard, Burkettsville.