HOLY TRINITY CHURCH COMPLEX - TRINITY, IN|
European immigrants seeking escape from the political fermentation of their homeland's social
Structure set their sights on distant shores and settled in the Ohio and Wabash valleys. This influx of catholic settlers was of great concern to Archbishop Purcell of Cincinnati, Ohio. Going to Europe in 1843 in quest of priests he succeeded in obtaining the services of the infant Community of the Most Precious Blood. It was through this effort that the Precious Blood Fathers cradled Holy Trinity and many other parishes, especially in Mercer County, Ohio, adjacent to Jay County, Indiana. After eighteen years, Holy Trinity Parish was started on December 25, 1861.